Being pulled over is a nerve wracking experience. It can get even more frightening if the officer who pulled you over arrests you under the suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. He or she may have had you perform roadside sobriety tests, take a breathalyzer and answer questions, all in order to gather “evidence” against you. You may feel as though the officer’s evidence is overwhelming and there’s no way a court would find you innocent, but nothing could be further from the truth.
When charged with a DUI there is a 10 day time period to appeal a suspension for refusal or for blowing a .08 or higher on the police officer’s Intox machine, so contacting an attorney immediately is a must. There are also mandatory minimums in fines, jail time, probation, license suspension and other conditions associated with a DUI conviction.
There are many different aspects to a DUI case, and a skilled DUI attorney will have an intimate knowledge of how these apply to your specific circumstances. If you have been accused of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Sparticus Heyward, PC will address the following:
- Did the officer have probable cause to pull you over?
- Did the arresting officer follow proper procedure when you were pulled over?
- If you were administered a breathalyzer test, had the breathalyzer in question been properly maintained and tested for accuracy?
- Were blood samples obtained in your case? If so, did the police/hospital follow the proper procedures for handling biological evidence?
- Were the field sobriety tests conducted properly?
- Is there audio and/or video evidence?
- Any and all mitigating factors and defenses.
Trust we will investigate your case thoroughly to determine what evidence we can present to the court to convince them of your innocence. We will go the extra mile to petition the court to have the charges against you reduced or dismissed, and will support you through trial if necessary.
Call us today to schedule a consultation to discuss the DUI charges against you. (770) 933-5324.